Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Old School



Coat: Charity shop
Ribbed Top: New Look
Skirt: Topshop
Boots: Topshop

...Aaaand just in time for bright, airy Spring, I've settled back into the dark colours/neutrals groove. Every year, guys. I was told I looked like a secretary from bygone times/a primary school teacher in this gettup but personally I get some femme Sherlock Holmes vibes. It's down to the skirt, entirely: The browny houndstooth and zip detailing is pretty bang on, if you ask me.

Hey, here's an interesting point: The word 'retro' doesn't have to mean COLOUR!PRINT!!PSYCHEDELIC!!!!. It can  mean some nice neutral, muted stuff too - we always seem to associate dressing like we're from a different era means suede fringes and flares. People dressed sophisticated and semi-normal too, once upon a time! Right now, in fact, I prefer that 'spectrum' of retro to your typical florals and peace signs. It's classy, and there's something really... romantic about it? Is that the right word? I don't know.. Am I allowed to say it's more 'cinematic'? I feel like I'm in Submarine or Rushmore or something when I've got my formal coat and structured skirts on. Cinematic. Judge all you want..


No comments:

Post a Comment